Whether you tell them a year, a month, or an hour in advance...it is so much fun to make the announcement. Here are some of the fun ways to break the news:
- A Gift for Special Occasion - Make the news part of a birthday or holiday gift, or to celebrate something special. You can just announce it, or wrap in up in a nice box or card
- Slide it into a Normal Conversation - As you are discussing day to day things, try sliding that news in with a mundane list of things to do. You can actually watch their little wheels turn as they try to process such big news in an insignificant conversation.
- Drop the Bomb - Be loud, be proud! Of course, this is more fun if you are waking them up in the morning! A friend of mine picked her child up from school early and had the elementary school principal page the child to the office "...please come to the office. You mom is here to take you to Disney World."
- Make it a Game - If you are one of those creative types, think of a puzzle or game that they will need to work out. The classics are all good - Word Searches, Scrambles, Cross Words - make them "earn" their trip!
- Scavenger Hunt - Again, this is for the creative among us...leave clues around the house that lead to the Disney Treasure.
- Don't Tell Them - Just wait...they will eventually figure it out!
No matter how you tell them, be sure to have the video camera rolling. Who knows, your little darling may end up on a Disney commercial or on the side of Cinderella Castle!
Let the Memories Begin!!!!